|You WILL need the following, |
13MM wrench and socket or another wrench.
a eyeglasses phillips head screwdriver. (very small)
a regular size phillips head screwdriver
new ignition switch
vice grips (may not need them)
1. lock the steering wheel, and make note where it was just incase.
2. disconnect the battery with 10mm wrench.
3. remove the plastic around/behind the steering wheel by the two screws underneath using a phillips head screw driver.
4. now go under the dash, and remove the plastic peices covering up the steering wheel axel. and unscrew the bolt using a 13MM wrench&socket. Its a "U" joint.
5. Unplug everything behind the wheel including the ignition and the airbag.
6. using a vice grip, or your fingers if it is loose, to unscrew a gold bolt on the left side of the steering wheel column, its right behind the steering wheel on left underside.
7. Gently pull out the steering wheel, and the whole thing, including the axel, and steering wheel will comeout, be careful the end of it is greasy.
8. replace everything opposite of how it was took out.
Note- when your putting the steering wheel axel back, be sure to put back the large spring and align the axel correctly.